you bring your pet, you will be turned away at the gate and
will need to find alternate camping or other accommodations
for your pet.
- Q: I heard a rumour that alcohol will not be allowed at the fair this year and the vehicles will be searched on the way in and alcohol seized.
A: The RCMP will probably have checkstops in place between the highway and Fair gates. They will seize open/improperly transported alcohol. They may look for drugs.
- You may consume alcohol in the camping areas but not on the Fairgrounds (stages, vendor areas etc). Please drink responsibly.
- Although the gates are open earlier,The Fair activities start 5:30 PM Friday and end 4:30 PM Sunday. If you arrive early you will be charged extra for camping.
- Camping is free with a weekend pass.
- We do have a lot of space but choice of camping is on a first come
- Camping is "rustic" with
scattered fire pits and patron determined camp spaces.
- There are "loonie showers" in a portable shower structure on site.
- We do have water taps in a couple of locations in the campgrounts. Water has been tested by Environmental Health Dept.
- Ample firewood is provided. Use what you need but please do not hoard. Hording causes "ample" to become scarce.
- There is a designated family oriented camping area that has an expectation of peace and quiet. Please do not camp there if you expect to party.
- There is an area designated for RV camping. We do not offer hookups. Remember, generators may annoy your neighbors.
- The Fair will continue rain or shine. Be prepared for heat,
cold, wet or dry!!!
- We do have security patrolling but
valuables should not be left out as bait. Caution is advised.
- Food vendors are on site and offer
a variety of choices in both omnivore and herbivore categories.
- We strongly
discourage all but live music in the camping
area. Bring a guitar, join your neighbors.
- Objectionable or abusive behavior
will not be tolerated and your Fair experience could be short
lived if you do not comply.
- For the safety of all, pets, fireworks
or glass containers are not allowed.
- There are many other private and public
campgrounds in the area but are not included in our admission
price. See also Biglake
Country Tourism Web Site for local tourism information.
- The nearest hotel/motels in High Prairie
about 45 Km West are: Key Inn
523-4581, Dreamcatcher Inn 523-5011, Raven Motor Inn 523-3350,
High Prairie Inn 523-3050
In Faust about 15 Km East there is the Lakeside Hotel 355-3581
And in Kinuso about 30 Km East, the Kinuso Hotel 775-3562
We do not necessarily endorse any or
all of the above private accommodations.
If you have a question that is not covered here
please fill out the form and we will find the answer for you.